Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Sunday 1 February 2009

A wedding day to remember

A friend of mine just announced her engagement to her long-time boyfriend and I was so happy and excited about the great news! I never thought she would be the marrying type but it looks like she changed her mind and decided to settle down. What was even more unexpected was when she asked me to be her maid of honor and help her plan her wedding. I said yes immediately, of course, but I also told her that I wasn’t sure that I have time to help her with all of the wedding plans – my day job has been keeping me so busy these days! Not to mention that they set the wedding date six months from now. If we’re going to plan this thing, we have to start as early as now!

I suggested that she hire a wedding planner instead, and she asked me if I knew any. Unfortunately, the most helpful response I could give her was that we could attend a bridal fair and look for one there. She wanted a wedding planner as soon as possible though, so I came up with an even better idea.

That evening, I went online and did a search for a wedding planner in our area. It didn’t take long for me to come up with several numbers that my friend can call. In less than a week, my friend decided which wedding planner to hire and we’re meeting her for lunch to discuss her concept for the wedding. I can’t wait!

No comments: