Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Thursday 13 November 2008

I can paint!

Sure, I can paint, but where do I start? I want some neat colors, but I don’t know what colors look good together. I want my walls to look warm, inviting, while having some excitement showing through, too.

So, I headed out to the local paint store to check out the paint color swatches. I found so many colors I loved, but then the thought hit me, how do I really know that these colors I love are going to match my furniture or the rugs. I surely can’t bring my sofa to the paint store, and if I could the lighting wouldn’t be the same.

What a dilemma I’ve gotten myself in! I called my neighbor and cried for help. She came running, thinking that I had been injured. I just laughed and laughed. I told nothing that bad, but I did need her help. I explained the situation and she then laughed at me and called me silly. She asked why didn’t I have an interior design person to come over and help me decide? The designer would bring all the color swatches to the house and under my own lighting; we could pick out exactly what I wanted. The designer could also suggest some wall hangings and new pillow colors to match. How awesome would that be?

So, I got on the internet and found an interior designer to come sit with me. She worked miracles and you should see my living room now!

No comments: