Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Thursday 13 November 2008

Moving can be a pain!

I knew this day was coming, but I kept putting the packing of all my stuff and moving, on the back burner. But, who does like to pack everything you own and move it all? Nobody that I know of, because it is so much work!

Think about it, you have to go buy boxes, then go through each closet and every drawer, clean them out and pack all of it in boxes. Then you have to rent a truck, put everything in the truck, drive to the new place and unload the truck and unpack the boxes. Boy is that a lot.

Well, my day did get here and I wasn’t prepared. I did the routine though and made the trip to the truck rental store. I reserved a truck; hopefully it’s the right size, and bought special boxes. I also went to the market and begged for some of their boxes so I wouldn’t have to buy so many.

After getting home, I started on the drawers fist. I didn’t realize I had so many drawers and so much stuff in each of the drawers. I did well though, I labeled each box with the room name on them and started filling up my garage with packed boxes. I barely got finished when moving day arrived. I went to pick up the truck, returned home and waited for my friends to show up to help me move. I waited and waited and waited, they were late. I started moving things that I could pick up into the truck while I waited, but couldn’t get much done. They finally arrived; about two hours late, but we got it all done in three trips.

Now, if I ever had to do it again, I would never do it myself. I would hire a moving company to pack, move and unpack for me. Yep, they do all the packing and unpacking if you want them to. It cost a little more, but I think it is worth it. Less hassle, less pain and more time to get things cleaned out before they move you. So, when it’s time for you to move, learn from my mistakes and go online to find that perfect moving company.

No comments: