Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Saturday 22 November 2008

Learning to communicate!

Today started like most any day at work, patients checking in, being seen and checking out. Nothing out of the usual, until the phone rang with an unusual call. The person on the other end spoke Spanish and no one in our office spoke Spanish, so we could not communicate with the caller. We had to turn away the new patient without being able to provide the care needed.
We had to come up with a solution. I decided to check out the translation services online. I found a few that sounded like they would fit, so I called each one for a quote. A couple of them even came out to the office to meet with me personally.
I went with one that offered 24/7 translation of 10 different languages over the phone. The even offered services for the deaf.
My doctors were thrilled with the service and the price. Our new patients were happy to find a doctor close to home that could accommodate them. A win – win situation!

No comments: