Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Friday 21 November 2008

My battle during flea season!

I have six dogs in my house, all small, but still small. Then there is the occasional foster dog that comes through for a few days or weeks. On top of that, I have three neighbors around my back yard that has dogs and cats. Some indoor and some stay outdoors.

Think of how many fleas that adds up to! Too many! Here where I live, the flea season starts about March and don’t end until November or so. And then it depends on whether we have a cold enough winter or not. If not the fleas just keep right on multiplying.

I hate fleas with a passion, so I do everything I can to keep them off my dogs. I start with having my yard sprayed by a professional pest control service. Then my dogs need a bath with flea shampoo and spray, dust or fog the inside of my house. That takes care of the fleas for one season.

The problem comes when my neighbors don’t take care of their yards or animals. It raises the risk of fleas living in my yard even though I have the yard sprayed.

No comments: