Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Sunday 9 November 2008

Oh what a tangled web we weave!


What a mess I made of my computer! I got so sick of it running slow and some days not even running at all. So, what did I do, I struck out to fix it myself. How hard could it be to, just push a few buttons, delete a few things here and there, and get it running faster?

Well, let me tell you how bad it was then….lol. I couldn’t even get it to come on half the time after my home repairs were done. And when it did come on, boy was it a mess. My screen would flash, and my mouse cursor would go where it wanted to, like it had a mind of its own. I really think that sometimes our computers do have a mind of their own, because they do things on their on accord, when you least expect it. But that don’t make up for me doing my own home repairs.

I soon discovered that I was stuck and needed to take the computer to someone that knew a little, well maybe a lot more than I did. My computer was down, so I couldn’t get to the internet at home. I ran across the street in the rain to my neighbour’s house to borrow his computer. He just laughed when I told him why. I told him enough from the peanut gallery. I got on the internet and found a computer repair shop close by my house.

I packed up my laptop and took the short drive to the shop. The repaired my computer in just a couple of days. I asked them how much business they got from online advertising. They said there was more business from online than by people driving by and seeing the sign. I guess it works.

No comments: