Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Thursday 20 November 2008

Picking that perfect TV!

Lightening struck a tree just outside my house the other day. The lightening went to ground and since it was so close to the house, it entered through my cable line. The modem is fine, but the TV is fried. Yep fried as in dead!

So, off I go in search of a new TV. I can’t stand the quiet, so I must have a new TV, even if it’s just for the noise. But, what kind do I want and what size? There are so many choices out there, to pick from. I went to one discount department store and got lost in the long rows of TVs. There were so many, one after another, after another. I felt greatly overwhelmed!

I couldn’t decide whether I wanted a flat screen, a plasma one, or the plain old regular kind. I got so flustered, I had to come home. And, come home to a super quiet house with no TV.

I decided to get online and see if there was some kind of sight that I could compare TVs. Lo and behold, there was. Everyone store in town was listed with every kind of TV they carried. The specs and prices were listed for easy comparison. Why didn’t I do this to begin with?

Now, I’m prepared and know exactly which TV I want and which store to visit to get it. I came back home with the perfect size TV and it looks so good. I might get back into watching TV instead of just listening to it.

No comments: