Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Thursday 19 February 2009

To Boldly Go Where No Rice Cooker Has Gone Before

Hello! Hello! Hello! As I was updating my blog today, I simply got bored with the usual topics, so today; I will be doing a special experiment just for you guys! Yes, Blogging History!

As I was cleaning the basement today, I realized that I had bought a rice cooker before and until now has remained unused. I even forgot why I bought it before... lol! Silly me, I know. I think it was during a sale online, I think. But all I can remember was that I had bought it online. But anyways, let us move on to the main event.

I searched online about the things I can do to with a rice cooker... aside from making rice of course! Yes, I was bored and no, I do not want to blow it up like the usual tech blogs with their crazy experiments... lol! This is a safe experiment mind you. But alas, nothing was written about it. So I have decided to entertain myself on: ‘What if I was left on an island with a rice cooker?’ Haha!

Ok, let us start with what else I can cook with a rice cooker (Please do not try these experiments kids, unless supervised):

1. Rice. Definitely rice.

2. Pasta and Instant Noodles. (Boiled water, added pasta and noodles on it, added salt, and it worked! Al dente!)

3. Cream of Mushroom Soup! (LOL! Yes, Boiled Hot Water first, added mushrooms, added seasoning, milk)

4. Boiled regular water. Lots of uses.

5. Cooked Canned Corned Beef. (Added: Oil, Garlic, Corned Beef)

6. Used it as a food steamer / heater. (D’oh!)

Hmmm, I’d definitely try more experiments later. I’m writing as I’m experimenting at the moment so if anyone of my current readers have a request or an idea of what else can I do with a rice cooker, feel free to message me! My own online experiment show! Talk to you guys later!

No comments: