Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Tuesday 2 December 2008

The dead cell phone

I called my hubby this morning and it rang and rang and rang. He doesn’t work and hasn’t driven since his stroke, so he should be home. He always has his cell phone close by, so I don’t understand why he’s not answering.

A million things go through you mind, thinking all kinds of things have happened. But, I made myself slow down and not think the worse. I finally get off work and headed home. I walked in the door and there he sat, in his favorite recliner, with his cell phone next to him on the table. I asked him why he didn’t answer his phone, he replied, “It never rang.” I picked up his phone and the battery was dead as a door nail. I know he had put the phone on to charge the night before and now it was dead. I tried charging it again, but with no luck, so I sat down in front of the computer and shopped for a new phone. You see, I’m lazy when I get off work. I work as a medical assistant and on my feet all day.

So, the computer was the perfect place to shop for a new phone. My phone company has a huge site and even has better prices than when I called over the phone. I’m so glad my mobile phone company advertises on the internet, which makes it so much easier for my busy life.

No comments: