Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Wednesday 3 December 2008

Shorter is sometimes better!

Lengthy is not always the best when it comes to great recipes. I’ve seen recipes that have three ingredients and some that have 20 and more. There are some recipes with directions as few as four and some lasting two pages.

Which would you think would be the best recipes? The shorter ones or the longer ones? Well, I have to say I have some really good recipes that take just a few minutes to cook and some really good ones that take hours to prepare.

I personally like the recipes that take fewer ingredients and take less time to cook. You would be surprised that some of the fanciest restaurants in town will use the simplest of recipes. If the food is plated properly, you would never know the difference.

I tried an experiment on my hubby. I made two dishes, one with just a few ingredients and directions and the other with 17 ingredients and almost two full pages if directions. It took only forty-five minutes to make the easier dish and almost four hours to make the other one. I put both dishes in front of my hubby and had him taste both and try to guess which one took the longest to prepare and which one was the best to him.

By the looks of both dishes, he could not pick the quickest to prepare, but decided that the one I made in forty-five minutes was the best. I also agreed with his taste buds. The forty-five minutes dish tasted so much better. They both were chicken and pasta dishes, but the lengthier dish just didn’t make the cut. It looked good, but didn’t taste as well.

So, when you need that special recipe for a super special meal, hit the internet and give some of the simpler ones a try.

No comments: