Dizcover Blog

Dizcover Blog
Click on the image

Monday 29 December 2008

Embarking on a new hobby!

I was thinking I’m bored and after much (or was it really that much?) thought I decided to try something new. I can start cross stitching, crocheting, paper mache, oh the possibilities are endless, and so, what do I take on next?? Then, I saw my nephew drawing some funky robots and super heroes on paper and he was good. Aha! (light bulb flashing) I’ll take up drawing! How hard can it be? You just hold a pencil and start drawing right? Then I saw my first try, whoa! My nephew’s drawing looked much better than mine! It was kind of embarrassing for me. Who would have thought that a 7 year old can outdraw me, a full fledged adult? I thought maybe my nephew was just really that talented. But you know me, never one to back down from a challenge (even a self made one ).

So I thought to do something about it… What you say? Go where I always go, to my computer and surf the internet. For drawing lessons, and all that I can find about drawing, sketching, everything! I saw some tutorials online and some sites that taught drawing, some asks for donations, while other are for free. You can even find drawing tutors willing to teach you to draw. Wow! Was I psyched! You can even order your art supplies online, from pencils to brushes and paints, to paper and canvass where you can start your drawing.

Now, I’m studying to draw and finding great satisfaction that one day I might just outdraw that nephew of mine.

No comments: